Sunday 2 February 2014

My word for 2014: CREATE


With my list of goals finalised, I've decided the word I want to live by this year is: create. I started this blog primarily to find my creative mojo and with the dawn of a new year, I have decided that my focus for the year ahead is just that - to create. It encompasses so many things - creating with my hands, creating more time for the things I love, creating an entertaining blog and (eventually) creating events that inspire and delight.

And with that in mind, here is a snapshot of some of the interesting workshops and events that are currently inspiring me to get creative:
  • The School - if you haven't heard of Megan Morton's creative portal, then you must be living under a rock! This studio is a gold mine of creativity and offers classes on everything from styling and macarame to photography and calligraphy.
  • Blog Society - the lovely Jaclyn is taking the Australian blogging world by storm with this creative hub that offers everything from workshops and gatherings to events and dinners.
  • Creative Women's Circle - is a community for creative women who gather every couple of months to listen to a guest speaker, network and share ideas. Originally founded in Melbourne, more events are planned in Sydney and Brisbane this year so get on board!
  • Unleash Creative - Melbourne crafter Magdalena has assembled the creme-de-la-creme of creatives to offer full day craft workshops in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment